The VELA Tango 100 is a versatile, future-proof chair for people with special needs. The chair gives a high degree of stability, safety, and focus on ergonomics and quality.
The smart design makes it ideal for home and for school. It can easily fit beneath a work surface and takes up very little space, while at the same time maximizing the space beneath the castors to allow for foot movement, for those wishing to move the chair unassisted. Large ball bearing encased castors assist in this movement, ensuring that the chair can travel over small thresholds with minimal effort.
Activate VELA’s unique braking system to lock the castors. Instantly the chair is safe to enter or exit, either forwards, or by lowering either or both arms to side transfer using the 90 degree rotation lock system.
With the unique CY bracket you can change and fix the angle of the backrest, and it allows the seat depth of the chair to be adjusted.
The superior electric or manual height adjustment range on the chair varies from 16 in./40 cm seat height, for infant and junior classroom use, up to 32 in./81 cm, for use at science benches or to reach high shelves or kitchen cupboards.
- Product variations support gas-powered or electric-powered height adjustment, and swivel or non-swivel base
- Arched steel frame ensures that all the wheels remain in contact with the floor, even on uneven surfaces
- Height adjustment
- Seat mechanism is fully mechanical
- This chair has the same base as the VELA Tango 200 and is suitable for users up to 350 lbs.
- Footrests, including footplate
- Neck support
- Body support
- Thigh supports
- Abduction block
- Safety belt
- Table tray
- Pushing bracket
- Brake pedal
- Strolling bracket
Brochure for VELA Tango 100 Chair