Occupational Therapy Accessible Design Development
The HMOTA occupational therapy design consultation to ensure your home design or redesign is functional and will support your needs currently and in the future based on your physical and cognitive needs and your health status.
We will provide you with options at different price points so you can make educated decisions on how your home will work best for you. We can guide you, answering questions along the way to decrease your stress levels and your need to research.
- How should this room be designed to be functional in the long-term?
- What's the best flooring?
- Where should grab bars etc. be placed for effective use?
- How can I set up my home to reduce the effects of arthritis?
- How can I set up my home to increase safety without decreasing it's value or beauty?
How the assessment works:
The interview: We will call and discuss with you your situation, diagnosis (if you have one) and your expectations and goals.
- Design will be developed to fit your space and your needs.
- Specific recommendations to increase the functional design of your space.
Specific recommendations for placement of accessible features such as grab bars, handrails, lighting etc.
- Recommendations for adaptive equipment.
Identifying and supplying fixtures, such as grab bars, accessible sinks, etc. that are functional, good-looking, and fit your budget and your style.
Design consultations include up to 3 hours of consultation time. For larger projects or more indepth assistance additional charges apply, you will be informed of this if your design time runs out.